You may be wondering how to sell Starlink services and used equipment.
Or thinking of selling Starlink internet services or equipment as a business.
Though all these are possible, the process may be challenging.
The company has certain restrictions regarding selling its items and services.
We will show you how to buy and sell used Starlink and anything you may need to know.
Table of Contents
- How to Sell a Starlink
- Can You Sell Your Starlink Equipement?
- How to buy a Starlink Kit
- Final Verdict
How to Sell a Starlink
Reselling Your Starlink Service and Kits
To resell Starlink to someone, you must transfer ownership, which involves transferring services and kits.
If that is the case, try the following steps.
- Check Starlink terms of service: Some services may not allow the transfer of ownership, so review the transfer of ownership to ensure the company accepts it.
- Find a buyer: You can find a buyer by advertising Starlink service for sale on sites such as Facebook marketplaces and eBay. Alternatively, you can contact people in person and find out if they need Starlink.
- Reach out to Starlink customer service: The Starlink customer service team will initiate the transfer of ownership and then prompt the buyer to complete the process. For that reason, you need to reach out to them to request for transfer of ownership, during which you will provide the buyer’s information such as name and contacts (basically phone no. and email address).
- Complete the transfer: Starlink will email the buyer to complete the transfer by creating an account, offering billing information, and agreeing with the terms of service.
Becoming a Starlink Reseller?
Starlink currently has three reseller programs, including the Standard, which is the most basic level, the Pro, and the Enterprise, which is the premium level.
So you will start by signing up for the program you feel is suitable. You can do this online or via a representative.
Then you complete the required paperwork, such as your state business registration and reseller agreement.
Lastly, set up a billing system.
The company will take you through this or use a third-party payment processor.
You can now start promoting your business and doing and reselling.
Can You Sell Your Starlink Equipement?
The simple answer is yes. However, there are guidelines you will have to follow.
The company has some restrictions to ensure they transfer the equipment in a way that doesn’t interfere with their operation.
That said, you can only sell your Starlink equipment with written consent from the company.
Therefore, ensure you contact Starlink customer service to seek permission before you sell the equipment.
Once you obtain permission, ensure the equipment is in perfect condition, and all the components are available.
Remove personal information, such as your WiFi detail, then deactivate the equipment.
Once all is set and the buyer is ready, start the transfer of ownership process described above.
Satellite dish on top of a building
How to buy a Starlink Kit
Again the steps you have to take when buying a Starlink kit will vary slightly depending on whether you are purchasing a brand-new or a used one.
How to Buy a Brand New Starlink Kit
For a brand new Starlink kit, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the Starlink official website and check their availability – you only buy if they offer services in your area.
- Click on “Order Now” if they offer services in your area, then “Continue.”
- The next page will require your information, such as payment and shipping address.
- Once you fill in the information, review your order, then click “Place Order.”
Depending on your location, you will receive a notification via email on when to expect your Starlink kit, which may take several weeks.
How to Buy a Used Starlink Kit
Buying a second-hand Starlink kit may be tricky, but very possible.
You can purchase through online marketplaces such as Facebook marketplace, eBay, Craigslist, or any other platform you know of its reputation.
The first thing is to make sure Starlink is available in your area.
Another important thing to consider is the compatibility of the kit you plan to buy with your area’s Starlink network.
Remember, the older kit version may not be compatible with the latest software.
The next thing is researching the seller’s reputation on the marketplace by looking for positive reviews and ratings.
Then contact the seller and demand more details about the kit, including when he bought it, its condition, and any other issue it may have had.
You can also ask the seller about order confirmation or receipt.
Starlink antenna for receiving internet
Selling your used Starlink equipment and services is possible, but there are restrictions you have to meet.
You can also act as a Starlink third-party retailer.
Whatever the case, contact the company to guide you through the requirements.
The company will help you make a transfer of ownership.